Porter Cancer Care Center
Patients who come to Colorado Head & Neck Specialists not only have access to our expert physicians, but to a full array of comprehensive cancer specialists. Our location within the Porter Cancer Care Center allows us to collaborate easily with medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, physical therapists, speech therapists and other professionals who may be a part of your personal treatment plan.
The Porter Cancer Care Center is a comprehensive cancer program that allows for easy access to the following cancer care services at Porter Adventist Hospital:
- Chemotherapy - The inpatient chemotherapy infusion center, located on the hospital’s first floor, focuses on comfort during chemotherapy treatment with spacious new rooms and reclining chairs. Certified oncology nurses work in the unit.
- Radiation Therapy - Technology that delivers the latest advances in radiation is available at Porter Hospital. By targeting radiation to the tumor, we can minimize the damage to tissue near the tumor and lessen side effects.
- Nutrition Counseling - During and after cancer treatment, staying well nourished is important. It’s important to keep your strength up to handle the potential side effects of treatment, and establishing a healthy diet for long-term health is essential. For all cancer patients at the Porter Cancer Care Center, a dedicated oncology dietitian is available to help you achieve a healthy diet and to provide information on nutrition and how it relates to treatment.
- Rehabilitation Services - After treatment, you may need physical therapy or occupational therapy services. These also are available at Porter to help you regain functionality and improve your quality of life.
- Speech Therapy - Individuals who’ve been through head and neck cancer treatment may need speech therapy services for challenges with speaking or swallowing. Services are provided on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.